Here at CMK Lettings, we aim to provide all our current and prospective tenants with a quality service.
Outlined below are the steps you will take, when applying for one of our properties.
- We will carry out a preliminary affordability check, to ensure your income is sufficient to maintain the property you wish to apply for.
- You will then be asked to complete a Tenant Reference application and to pay a Holding Deposit. . The amount of the holding deposit is related to the amount of rent for the proposed property. It will be no more that one week's rent.
- Once you have paid the holding deposit, your details will be forwarded to Homelet. This is the reference agency which we use to check all applicants. If the required pass score has not been reached, Homelet will advise us at this point that a guarantor is required .
- The guarantor will also need to complete the necessary documentation to be referenced.
- If you pass the reference check, will will discuss a moving-in date with you; if your application has not been approved, we will refund the holding deposit to you at this time.
- You will be asked to sign a contract, which has to be accompanied by an advanced payment. (This figure is usually equal to one month's rent and the required tenancy deposit will usually be equivalent to 5 weeks' rent.) It is at this point in time, when we allocate your holding deposit.
The acceptance of any tenant is usually connected to affordability criteria, but the landlord has discretion where it comes to the acceptance of any tenant. This relates in particular to Smokers and/or Pet Owners
PLEASE NOTE: The tenancy deposit can only be returned, after the property has has been vacated, and following the TDS Tenancy Deposit Scheme guidelines.
For information about the bonds / deposit / or the TDS Tenancy Deposit Scheme download a copy of "What is the tenancy deposit scheme?"